Alleged suspicious approach in Ballymagroarty unfounded: PSNI

editorial image

The PSNI has confirmed to the Derry Journal that a report of a suspicious approach in Ballymagroarty last Sunday, September 11, was completely unfounded.

Police told the paper they spoke to a man in the area after receiving a report from a local resident and confirmed there was no basis to any complaint.

“All families involved were informed of this and were happy with police actions,” the PSNI said.

Concerned residents contacted the paper this week saying reports posted by the local Ballymagroarty Community Empowerment (BCE) group, specifically that a man had been cautioned, were totally inaccurate.

This was confirmed to be the case by the PSNI when contacted by the Journal.