Detectives from Serious Crime Branch investigating a series of offences committed at the wake and subsequent funeral of Peggy O’Hara have arrested three people.
The suspects, a 43 year-old female, and two males, aged 44 and 57, were arrested in Derry on Wednesday morning and have been taken to the Serious Crime Suite at Antrim Police Station for questioning. Police are also conducting searches in the city as part of the investigation.
The Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector Philip Montgomery has also reissued a number of special appeal points.
1. Were you in the area of Templegrove on July 15 2015?
2. Did you see anyone dressed in paramilitary-style uniform?
3. Did you see any suspicious activity in and around the area of Templegrove on the evening of the July 15 2015?
4. Did you hear what may have been shots being fired that evening?
5. Did you see, or know where the gunmen went after the incident?
6. Were you along the route of the funeral cortege from Templegrove to the City Cemetery via Buncrana Road, Northland Road, Bishop Street and Lone Moor Road on July 18 2015?
7. Did you see anyone dressed in paramilitary-style uniform on July 18 2015.
8. Are you able to identify anyone who was dressed in paramilitary-style uniform on July 18 2015?
Detective Inspector Montgomery continued: “Do you have any information which may assist this investigation, if so please contact Detectives on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 8000 555 111.”