A woman accused of assaulting her brother in hospital has been released on bail after breaching the conditions for a second time.
Bridget Patricia Mongan, of Stanleys Walk, is charged with attempted grievous bodily harm, common assault and disorderly behaviour.
The charges relate to an alleged incident in the Intensive Care Unit of Altnagelvin Hospital on January 4.
The 23-year-old brother, who is one of the alleged injured parties, was a patient in the hospital at the time and was in a coma after suffering head and spinal injuries.
On Wednesday, Mongan appeared in court for breaching bail because she was drunk in the John Street area.
Police opposed bail as Mongan had breached the conditions on a previous occasion.
Defence solicitor Seamus Quigley told the court Mongan accepted the breach and said she is a woman with an ‘alcohol addiction’.
He said the 23-year-old ‘deeply regrets’ being drunk in public and told the court she was unable to explain why she left her home.
Mr Quigley said there was no suggestion his client had committed any further offence and said it had been almost two months since the last breach of bail.
District Judge Barney McElholm agreed to give Mongan ‘one final chance’ on bail. However, he warned her if there were any further breaches she would be remanded in custody.
The judge added a further condition and ordered the 23-year-old to abide by a curfew. She will appear in court again on April 24.