Curfew extended to allow defendant to play football

0
Have your say

A man accused of being abusive to tourists on the city walls has had his curfew extended to allow him to play indoor football four times a week.

Ruairi Canning, of Southend Park, is charged with disorderly behaviour, indecent exposure and indecent behaviour relating to an incident on August 8.

A previous court hearing was told the 20-year-old was allegedly abusive to a local actor taking part in the Maiden City Festival as he was talking to a group of Italian tourists and exposed his penis to them.

Opposing the bail variation, an investigating officer told the local magistrate’s court earlier that police believe if Canning’s curfew was extended he would commit further offences.

Deputy District Judge Terence Dunlop extended the curfew until 10pm because it was for Canning’s “physical benefit”.

The 20-year-old will appear in court again next month.