The sister of a “kind hearted and much loved” Magilligan man who died in a house fire last night has spoken of her family’s devastating loss.
Willie Fleming, aged 57, died in a blaze at his Drumavalley bungalow late on Monday.
The death of the well-known Magilligan man has numbed the tight knit community, which is rallying to support the family.
As neighbours and friends paid their respects, Mr. Fleming’s sister, Maureen McGonigle said the entire family was heartbroken.
“We were soul mates and I think he knew me better than anyone else,” Maureen told the ‘Derry Journal’. “ I would have seen him every day. It’s just so hard to believe he’s gone. It’s such a shock.”
She added: “He was my best friend, and I’ll miss him so much.”