The Doc’s Prescription - Who’s the best?

Manchester United's Wayne Rooney (right) celebrates scoring his sides first goal of the game during the FA Cup, Third Round match at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Sunday January 8, 2012. See PA story SOCCER Man City. Photo credit should read: Dave Thompson/PA Wire. RESTRICTIONS: Editorial use only. Maximum 45 images during a match. No video emulation or promotion as 'live'. No use in games, competitions, merchandise, betting or single club/player services. No use with unofficial audio, video, data, fixtures or club/league logos.
Manchester United's Wayne Rooney (right) celebrates scoring his sides first goal of the game during the FA Cup, Third Round match at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Sunday January 8, 2012. See PA story SOCCER Man City. Photo credit should read: Dave Thompson/PA Wire. RESTRICTIONS: Editorial use only. Maximum 45 images during a match. No video emulation or promotion as 'live'. No use in games, competitions, merchandise, betting or single club/player services. No use with unofficial audio, video, data, fixtures or club/league logos.
0
Have your say

PREMIERSHIP bosses were recently asked a series of questions and their answers certainly make for interesting reading!

For example, 67 per cent of Premiership managers think that Manchester City will win the title while the remaining 33 per cent go for cross city rivals, Man United.

The Red Devils did, however, top the poll for the best young players with Phil Jones just pipping Chelsea’s Daniel Sturridge in the vote.

Given the quality of their football this season, it’s probably no surprise that Swansea’s Brendan Rogers finished just ahead of Norwich’s Paul Lambert best newcomer.

Best signing of the season was Demba Ba and, based on his form over the first 15 games or so, one couldn’t argue.

Managers were also asked to vote for the best player in each position and while Man City had nominations all over the park, only Wayne Rooney represented rivals United.

The Red Devils’ midfielder, Ryan Giggs easily won the vote for the most influential player in Premiership history.

Spurs maybe somewhat surprisingly won the title of the ‘team most managers like to watch’.

You may agree with the Premiership bosses or you may not, but that’s the fun of being a fan. Your opinion is what counts most for you.

Read more from the Doc in the Journal every Tuesday