Teen injured by firework at Hallowe’en bonfire in Ballykelly

PSNI
PSNI
0
Have your say

A teenager sustained burns to his neck, ears and hands when a firework was placed into his hood during a Hallowe’en bonfire in Ballykelly.

Officers are appealing for information after the 16-year-old was injured at a bonfire at King’s Lane on Saturday.

Sergeant McVicker, the investigating officer, said: “The youth sustained burns to his neck, ears and hands when a firework was placed into his hood.

“He was taken initially to Causeway Hospital and then to the Royal Victoria Hospital.

“We would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident or can help apprehend the culprit. Information can be given on the police non-emergency number, 101, or by calling the Crimestoppers Charity anonymously on 0800 555 111.”