There will be no pedestrian access across the city’s Peace Bridge between 6.30am on Thursday and 6.30am on Friday of this week due to arrangements for the Peace One Day concert.
The bridge will open for access to the event for ticket holders only from the cityside at 5.30pm on Thursday.
The public is also being advised that traffic delays will be expected around the Ebrington Square site on Thursday. Those travelling to the concert by car are advised to use car parks in the city centre.
Commuters should also be aware that St Columb’s Road and Browning Drive will both be closed to traffic from 6.30am on Thursday to 6.30am on Friday.
Meanwhile, the city’s Culture Company has issued a list of terms and conditions of entry to the Peace One Day concert. They are:
* Access to the event will be by ticket only.
* No alcohol to be permitted or consumed on site.
* Flags, emblems or other paraphernalia of a political, sectarian, racist or partisan nature will not be permitted on site.
* No sports jerseys - for example rugby, soccer or Gaelic sports.
* Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
* Gates open at 5.30pm and the event will finish at 11.30pm approx.
* No glass or cans permitted on site.
* Food and drink facilities available on site.
* No barbeques or naked flames.
* Umbrellas will be permitted but their use may be restricted.
* Once on site, you assume all risk of injury and all responsibility for property loss, destruction or theft, and release organisers, sponsors, performers, venue and their employees from any liability.
* No dogs except assistance dogs.
* This outdoor event will happen regardless of weather conditions, so please dress accordingly.
* No bicycles.
* No parking available.
* Culture Company has the right to refuse admission.
* Culture Company has the right to refuse entry to those under the influence of alcohol and who would be deemed by the organisers to be a hazard to themselves and/or others.
* If you leave the site you may not be permitted to re-enter; this will be at the discretion of the stewards.
* Before entering the site you may be subject to a search.
* Culture Company reserves the right to make any alterations to the advertised details for the event.
* All those attending consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience.
* Smoke effects, strobe lighting, lasers and loud noises may be used at this event.
(See Page 5 for local mum’s criticism about the handling of free ticket allocation for the Peace One Day concert).