Tristar come out on top in eight goal thriller against Ballymoor

Tristar striker Seamus Cussack powers past Ballymoor's Niall Harrigan. DER4214-135KM
Tristar striker Seamus Cussack powers past Ballymoor's Niall Harrigan. DER4214-135KM

Tristar emerged from an entertaining and high scoring Premier Division encounter with Ballymoor on Sunday with all three points at the Brandywell Showgrounds.

Finding themselves behind at the half-time interval, second half goals from David McCourt, David McCormick and Chris McGarrigle provided Tristar with maximum points.

Also on Sunday, Campbell’s secured an excellent victory over Lisahally while Culmore defeated Don Bosco’s Youths.

Tristar . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5

Ballymoor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3

Tristar started on the frontfoot and within the first 10 minutes should have opened the scoring only for the Ballymoor goalkeeper who produced a great save from McCourt while McCormick, Curran and Cussack all missed chances.

Tristar finally got on the scoreboard following great play from McGarrigle and his cross was put into the net by a Ballymoor defender.

Tristar went 2-0 up through David McCourt made no mistake but Tristar appeared to take their foot of the gas and within minutes Ballymoor pulled a goal back through McCourt.

Ballymoor then equalised when Hargan scored and just before half-time they were awarded a free kick outside the box and McCourt made no mistake when finding the net.

Tristar equalised just after the break when Ballymoor goalkeeper saved a great shot by McGarrigle only for David McCourt to slot home the equaliser.

Tristar were well on top and introduced Marty O’Doherty who caused problems for the Ballymoor defence and his great throughball put in David McCormick to score.

Tristar kept putting the pressure on Ballymoor and a great run by Dean Curran down the left crossed for Chris McGarrigle who side footed into the bottom left corner to leave the score 5-3.

Culmore . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2

Don Bosco’s Youths . . . . . .0

The home team broke the deadlock on 17 minutes when Aaron Harkin fired a great free kick into the box and when Bosco’s failed to clear Caolan McFeely was on hand to fire the ball home from close range.

Culmore doubled their lead just before half-time with a terrific goal, a neat passing move ended with Harkin firing an unstoppable shot into the top corner.

Culmore seemed content with their two goal lead and didn’t really threaten the Bosco’s goal and a poor second half ended with the home side picking up all three points.

Campbell’s . . . . .. . . . . . . . . 3

Lisahally . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1

Campbell’s bossed the game early on but squandered some glorious chances. Then Lisahally took the lead when Brian Devine scored with a great free-kick.

Campbell’s got back on levels termsafter the break as Sean Irwin hammered home his shot.

Campbell’s soon went in front when Neil Harkin netted a superb free kick from 25 yards and Aaran Kerrigan made it 3-1 with a fine finish.