The obstacle course at Barrack Hill Park in Carndonagh will remain closed until repair work is completed.
Speaking at Tuesday’s meeting of the Inishowen Municipal District, Colr Martin McDermott said the obstacle course was closed, and it “doesn’t look well on the council to have a facility like Barrack Hill and the gate to the obstacle course is locked.”
He said the closure wasn’t a recent development, it had been closed for around three months.
Donegal County Council senior executive engineer Mr Seamus Hopkins said the community and enterprise department run the play facilities in the county, and work has to be undertaken at Barrack Hill.
Mr Hopkins said the obstacle course was not a “normal play area” and work had to be completed there.
“Some obstacles are deemed to be high risk. It can’t be opened, it has to be managed. It would be reckless to open it and allow everyone in there,” he said.
Colr McDermott asked for a timeline for the works to be completed.
Mr Hopkins said the relevant department was “looking into it”.