A convicted sex offender who admitted abusing two boys over 30 years ago has been told he will ‘receive a sentence of imprisonment’.
The 58-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted a total of 14 sex offences against one of the victims between March 1971 and March 1977.
The offences include indecent assault, gross indecency and aiding and abetting indecent assault and gross indecency.
He also admitted abusing another boy on one occasion between August 1980 and August 1984.
Derry Crown Court heard the first boy was abused when he was between six and 11-years-old.
He reported the matter to police in October 2014.
The court was told the defendant would abuse the boy in the homes of family members and in a car. He also abused the boy in a local community facility.
The defendant would touch the boy and perform sexual acts on him. He would also get the boy to perform sexual acts on him.
On one occasion the defendant performed a sexual act when he was in the company of another person. The victim also had to perform a sexual act on this other person, who he later identified to police.
During police interview, the 58-year-old denied the offences.
The court was told the second victim reported the abuse to police in September 2013.
At that time he had been approached to be a witness in another sex case involving the defendant.
The victim reported that he had been abused by the man on one occasion when he was eight or nine-years-old.
The defendant also denied these allegations during police interview.
It was revealed to the court the 58-year-old has previous convictions for indecently assaulting a female and incitement to commit gross indecency. He was jailed for one set of the offences and ordered to complete a probation order for the other.
Defence counsel Martin Rodgers QC said there was a ‘certain degree of experimentation’ when the defendant began his offending behaviour.
The barrister said the defendant ‘made a new life for himself and in his twilight years he has had to face up to his behaviour in his teenage years’.
Judge Philip Babington adjourned sentencing until November 16.