1) Clipper Race Kitchens, Ebrington Square (all day Friday)- A Food Village with live cook offs, artisan food producers, celebrity chefs and street food vendors.
2) Festival hub at Queen’s Quay, (all Friday, Saturday and Sunday)- markets showcasing food, arts and crafts, with amusements, kids entertainment zones, information stalls and a fleet of over 140 different sea vessels anchored along the river.
3) Live at the Foyle Maritime Festival, Queen’s Quay, (all-day Queen’s Quay, Friday, Saturday and Sunday). A succession of live music acts performing each day, all day.
4) Explore Our Heritage and Environment, Little Sailors, McFarland Quay beside Sainsbury’s (Friday 12noon to 8pm, Saturday 10am to 8pm and Sunday 10am to 6pm). A series of exhibitions, interactive displays and kid’s activities.
5) The 1929 Phoenix Tall Ship, at McFarland Quay, (all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday)- Star of TV and movies such as ‘Poldark’ and ‘Outlander’. Guided tours today from 12pm to 8pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm and Sunday, 10am to 5pm.
6) River Safari, Queen’s Quay, (today 9.30am to 5.30pm) Contact Loughs Agency in Derry on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 02871 342100 for booking info. A safari on the River Foyle in 12 seater canoes for adults and children over six who are water confident. Children must be accompanied. No previous experience required. Limited availability.
7) Try Sailing with Inish Adventures, Queen’s Quay (Saturday and Sunday 11am to 8.30pm) Register in advance with: Inish Adventures 00353 87 2202577. Free 45 minute sailing tasters on Keel Boats, on the hour at Foyle Marina. No sailing experience needed.
8) Currach Rowing, Foyle Marina (Saturday 1.30pm to 4pm): Rowing display by the Causeway Coast and Maritime Heritage Group on 23ft currachs. This event is part funded by Loughs Agency.
9) Finale Event: The Voyage of Sunniva, Queen’s Quay (Saturday 8pm to 11pm). This year’s Finale will follow the Voyage of Sunniva – a historical medieval Irish Queen who fled from an invading King. This event will bring together land, water, aerial, light and music in a world class spectacle.
10) Clipper Race Yachts Parade of Sail, Queen’s Quay (Sunday at 1pm). A farewell to the Clipper Race yachts as they depart for their next official race start at Greencastle, Co Donegal with a majestic final lap of the River Foyle prior to the final stage of their epic journey around the world.