The 10 minutes at the start of the game and the ten minutes after half time proved the defining spells in a low key encounter at Pairc Brid.

Steelstown had first use of the fresh breeze and enjoyed the lion’s share of possession but failed to raise a single flag.

Lavey came out for the second half trailing by a point, 0-06 to 0-05, but within seven minutes they had swept to a 0-11 to 0-06 lead with Caolan O’Boyle landing two 45m frees and one from play to put Lavey 0-08 to 0-06 ahead, Niall Toner also scoring two points, one either side of a fine point from substitute Shane Devlin.

It took Steelstown time to recover from this scoring onslaught but a well struck 50th minute goal from Darren McDaid narrowed the gap to the minimum, 0-12 to 1-08.

However a wonderfully taken goal by O’Boyle three minutes later put paid to the home side’s hopes of victory and Lavey ran out deserving five points winners.

Steelstown scorers: Darren McDaid 1-01, Michael Moore 0-02, Aidan Cleary 0-02 (2f), James Jackson, Eamon Donnelly, Mickey McKinney 0-01 each.

Lavey scorers were Caolan O’Boyle 1-05 (3f), Colm Murphy 0-02, Niall Toner 0-02, Shane Devlin 0-02, Kevin O’Neill, Anthony McGurk 0-01 each.

Glenullin 0-16

Bellaghy 2-07

Ten minutes into this game there looked only one winner and it was definitely not the Mitchel’s. Playing with the wind, the home side had scored just one point from Eoin Bradley and trailed 2-01 to 0-01.

They were blitzed by a two goal salvo from the Tones, Kevin Doherty and Thomas Hughes finding the net to give a struggling Bellaghy the boost they so badly needed.

However points from Eoin Bradley (3), Karl McNicholl (2 frees), John O’Kane and Eamon Turner brought Glenullin right back into the game, the half time deficit now a manageable two points, 2-04 to 0-08.

Despite a four point haul from Eoghan Brown, Bellaghy faded and Glenullin dominated for much of the second half as they drew level and opened up a two point winning margin with Karl McNicholl (0-02f), Neil McNicholl 0-02, Eoghan Bradley, Dermot O’Kane, Ruairi Boylan and Brian Mullan scoring in the second half.

Glenullin scorers: Eoin Bradley 0-05 (2f), Karl McNicholl 0-04 (4f), Neil McNicholl 0-02, John O’Kane, Dermot O’Kane, Ruairi Boylan, Brian Mullan and Eamon Turner, all 0-01 each.

Bellaghy scorers: Kevin Doherty 1-02, Eoghan Brown 0-04, Thomas Hughes 1-00 and Peter Cassidy 0-01.

Coleraine 4-12

Newbridge 0-04

Newbridge took the lead in this totally one-sided game with a pointed free from Danny Mulholland but by the time the half time whistle sounded the game was over as a contest with Owen Roes 2-06 to 0-03 ahead. Mulholland also scored the other points from frees. Indeed their only score from play came in the 55th minute when Ciaran Brookes scored.

Danny Mulholland put Newbridge 0-02 to 0-01 ahead in the 8th minute after Aidan Mullan had levelled but Mullan was on hand to score the first of Coleraine’s goal when he latched onto a loose ball after Liam Frizelle’s shot had thudded against the base of the post.

Two points from Conor Carey put Coleraine 1-04 to 0-02 ahead in the 24th minute, Ciaran McGoldrick and Danny Mulholland exchanging scores before a Colm McGoldrick penalty was saved. However he followed up to net, Ciaran McGoldrick pointing before half time for 2-06 to 0-03.

Two minutes into the second half Aidan Mullan took a pass from Ciaran McGoldrick and netted, Kieran Lagan then red carded in the 37th minute.

Newbridge could not profit from the numerical advantage and further points in the third quarter from a Ciaran McGoldrick free and Aidan Mullan were followed in the 47th minute by an Aidan Mullan second goal for 4-08 to 0-03.

From that to the end Coleraine controlled the game to maintain their unbeaten record at the top of the 

Coleraine scorers: Aidan Mullan 2-02, Colm McGoldrick 2-00 (1 pen), Ciaran McGoldrick 0-05 (2f), Conor Carey 0-02, Barry McTaggart, Kieran Lagan and Stephen Coyles 0-01 each

Newbridge scorers: Danny Mulholland 0-03 (3f) and Ciaran Brooks 0-01.