Clonmany put out cup holders

Clonmany Shamrocks 1

Monaghan Town ( Holders) 0

In the 3rd minute Philip Devlin got his head to a corner but Ronan McGann made a fine save to keep his effort out.

They took the lead from another corner on 14 minutes when Jason Devlin played it short to Mark McLaughlin and his cross shot deceived McGann as it flew in over his head. Before the break Michael Devlin then sent Daniel McLaughlin clear on the left and while his effort beat McGann the ball sailed wide.

Monaghan upped the pace of their game after the interval with Paul Smith getting in behind the home defence but shooting into the side netting.

Tommy Toal and Mark Mulhall then combined well for the latter to see his effort saved by Peter Devlin.Clonamny ended the game well on top with Michael Devlin shooting wide on two separate occasions.Devlin then flicked on for Jason Devlin to race clear but McGann was equal to his effort.

Their final chance was a gilt edged one with McLaughlin crossing for Raymond McDaid but from six yards his effort crashed off the bar when he should have scored.

Greencastle FC 1

Erne Wanderers 1

(Wanderers win 3-1 on penalties)

In a closely fought affair the visitors took the lead on 39 minutes after David Dorrian fired an unstoppable shot to the top corner from the edge of the area. Greencastle tried to hit back immediately and went close when Ryan McClenaghan fired a superb shot just wide from the edge of the area.

On the hour mark Dorrian was unlucky to see his effort crash off the bar before the home side’s David Heuston headed just wide.

Greencastle equalised in the final minute after Danny Murphy advanced on the right and pulled the ball back to Paddy McClenagaghan to fire low to the bottom corner. Eunan McDaid had the home side’s best chance but he fired wide.

Both David Nolan and Daniel Spratt had half chances for the visitors but failed to trouble McClenaghan.

In the shootout it was Erne Wanderers who advanced.

Carn FC 3

Cappry Rovers 0

Carn started this game well and took the lead on 25 minutes after Gerard McEleney ‘s long ball found Conor Doherty who lobbed Patton superbly from twenty yards.

Carn increased their lead five minutes into the second period after Byrne released Conor Doherty to round Patton and slot the ball home. The visitors tried to reply with Kyle Lafferty feeding McLaughlin but he failed to hit the target when well placed.

The home side kept pressing and Doherty had an effort gathered at the second attempt by Patton before they increased their lead on 75 minutes when Michael Toland sent Kevin Doherty clear and he lobbed the advancing Patton.

Cappry’s final chance saw McLaughlin free Aaron Kelly but Crossan in the home goal was equal to the task. Both Ryan Kelly and Conor Doherty had late chances to extend their lead but failed to hit the target.

Gleneely Colts 4


Gleneely will rue their first half performance that saw them trail by four goals before they got one back.

The visitors opened the scoring on 7 minutes after Karl Donnelly got in behind the home defence to fire low past JP Houten from ten yards.

They doubled it when Paul Hegarty curled a superb free to the top corner from the edge of the area. On 25 minutes number three arrived when Kevin Wallace rose high to head home a Paul Hegarty corner.

The visitors then made it four nil when Oisin McCool’s cross was parried by JP Houten but McCool pounced to drill the rebound home.

The home side got one goal back on 45 minutes after Ronan Kearney’s corner was hammered home by JP Lafferty from close range.

QPS increased their lead on the restart when McCool again crossed from the left for Adam Harkin to flick the ball home at the near post. Gleneely reduced the deficit then with a wonderful twenty yards volley which flew into the top corner from Kearney.

They got another back then when Danny McLaughlin crossed for William Hutchinson to head home from ten yards.

The Point settled their nerves then with Paul Hegarty advancing on the right before seeing his cross deflect off a defender past Houten.

Gleneely’s JP Lafferty then had an effort crash off the bar before at the other end Joe Johnstone raced onto a long ball to fire past Houten from seventeen yards.

Gleneely scored a mere consolation in the final minute

Cockhill Celtic Yths 1

Glenea United 2


Glenea broke the deadlock on 43 minutes when Darren McGeever beat a defender and squared the ball for Sean Coll to drill home from the edge of the area. Cockhill hit back on the stroke of half time and equalised when great work by Smith on the left saw him cross for Ryan Duffy to poke home.

Cockhill went close in the opening minute of the second period after Martin Donaghey saw his near post header crash off the post and in the ensuing scramble Paudge Sweeney headed clear from beneath the bar.

Glenea replied and McGeever twice fired free kicks in dangerous positions straight into the defensive wall.

Cockhill finished normal time well with both Ryan Duffy and Alan Fletcher having good efforts saved by McClafferty.In the first period of extra time Cockhill had the best chance after Shane McDaid fed Fletcher who held off his marker but fired over the bar.

Glenea struck for the winner in the second period after a brilliant run by McGeever who beat two men and rounded McColgan before squaring for Ryan McFadden to slot home from six yards.

Dunlewey -0

Glengad United -9

Glengad totally dominated this Ulster Junior cup tie at a wet and windy Dunlewey.

They opened the scoring on 8 minutes after Seamus Doherty’s cross took a deflection off a defender past Hugo Callaghan. They made it two nil on 37 minutes after JG McLaughlin fed Paul McDermott who turned onto his left before shooting high past Callaghan from twelve yards.

On the stroke of half time the same two players combined for McDermott to add his second of the game.

Glengad upped the pace with the wind and within minutes of the restart added a third when John McDaid crossed for Paddy McDermott to turn and shoot low to the corner from ten yards.

McDaid then sent Paul McDermott clear but when his chip was parried Seamus Doherty reacted well to slot the loose ball home.

Number six arrived when McLaughlin sent Paul McDermott clear and he rounded Callaghan to drill the ball into the empty net.Late goals from McDaid, McDermott and another Seamus Doherty effort which was deflected past Callaghan sealed the tally.

Raphoe Town 1

Moville Celtic 2

Moville dominated this game for long periods with Dermot Harkin seeing a dangerous cross well smothered by Gary McCullough.

Nigel McMonagle then had two efforts off target before they broke the deadlock on 27 minutes when following a corner Raymond Campbell’s downward header was blocked but he reacted first to slam the ball home.

Campbell then saw his twenty two yards effort well tipped over by McCullough before Dermot Harkin blazed over from twelve yards on the stroke of half time.

On the restart the same pattern continued with PJ Barr having a shot deflected before seeing another effort blocked by an overworked home defence.

They added the crucial second goal on 58 minutes when McMonagle was upended and Joe Doherty converted the kick.

The home side rallied at this stage and both Emmet Kelly and Frankie McBrearty had efforts well saved by Sean McGuinness.In a quick break Moville’s Tony Boyce latched onto a long ball but drove wide from a good position.

Sloppiness in the Moville defence then allowed McBrearty in but McGuinness blocked with his legs.

The home side scored a consolation in the final minute when the visitors defence failed to clear and Thomas Mc Hugh poked the ball home.

Jackie Crossan Premier Division

Redcastle United 2

Aileach FC 3

Redcastle were dealt a hammer blow in the second minute after Seamus Doherty was redcarded for a professional foul as the last man.

This did not stop the home side and they duly took the lead on 15 minutes after Brendan Murphy drilled a low effort just inside David McGeady’s right hand post from fifteen yards.

Aileach replied and a superb cross from Declan O’Donnell found James Gillespie who headed over.

On 33 minutes Redcastle increased their led when a Liam Davenport strike was parried by McGeady allowing Murphy to fire to the roof of the net. On the stroke of half time the visitors got one goal back when Neil McElhinney headed a corner to the roof of the net.

Redcastle pressed the self destruct button on 51 minutes when Anthony Doherty robbed a defender to run through and round McCole to score. Doherty then had a close range effort smothered by Michael McCole.

When the home defence failed to clear Doherty’s cross on 67 minutes Gillespie bundled the ball home to complete a remarkable recovery. Redcastle tried to respond with Colm McLaughlin scuffing a free kick before the same player cut in from the right but fired wide.

Strand Hotel First Division

Illies Celtic 2

Moville Celtic Res 1

Illies took the lead on 41 minutes after Paddy Doherty fired a superb free kick from thirty yards in off the post past Ralph Bredin.

On the stroke of half time Niall McDaid beat two defenders but failed to hit the target from the edge of the area. Moville equalised minutes into the second period when a long kick out from Bredin deceived the home defence allowing McDermott to drill the ball low past Doherty.Illies dominated the next period but both Paddy Doherty and Niall McDaid shot wide when well placed.

Moville broke on 79 minutes with a superb cross from James Holmes finding McDermott who fired over.Illies secured the win in the final minute after Paddy Doherty’s corner was headed to the roof of the net by Gerard McDaid.

Culdaff FC 2

Rasheney FC 3

Culdaff paid dearly for a very careless second half performance which saw them lose a two goal lead.

They broke the deadlock on 33 minutes when Brendan McLaughlin’s diagonal cross from the left found Conor O’Brien who calmly sidefooted past Sean Friel from seven yards.

Minutes later it was two nil when Dean O’Connor ‘s corner found Brian McGonigle and this time he powered a header to the bottom corner.

Rasheney reduced the deficit on 57 minutes when the home defence failed to clear allowing Damien Friel in behind and although Houten parried his first effort he ran on to slot the loose ball home.

Culdaff upped the pace with Michael Coyle firing over before substitute Eugene McLaughlin and O’Brien both headed good chances wide.

Play swung to the other end and Grant’s long range effort bounced up in front of Houten who tipped over before a ricochet fell to Friel on the right hand side of the area but he fired into the side netting.

The visitors got back on terms on 83 minutes when Friel’s free from wide on the right was came off the head of an unfortunate defender to the top corner.

Minutes later they stunned the home side after substitute Johnathan Toland’s pinpoint cross found the unmarked Grant and he headed past Houten from six yards.

Culdaff almost salvaged a point when McGonigle’s late free deflected off a defender and inches past the post.