Derry City Football Club has publicly advertised its vacant manager’s job on the club’s official website tonight following a meeting with the Board of Directors.
The Brandywell club are seeking to recruit an ‘experienced’ new first team manager after caretaker boss, Paul Hegarty opted not to take up the offer of a permanent role at the weekend.
The advertisement for the job which was posted on the club’s website outlines what the board are looking for from prospective applicants.
It invites applicants who currently hold or are studying towards a UEFA Pro-Licence and those who have a proven track record of developing young players.
The list of required attributes the club are seeking include:
- Be a current holder or be studying towards a UEFA Pro-Licence
- A track record of success in the game
- Excellent motivational and people management skills
- Demonstrable evidence of strong work ethic
- A clear vision of how they can deliver success on and off the pitch for the club
- A track record of developing young players
- Candidate must have basic computer skills
- Full Driving Licence
Duties of the first team manager are listed as follows (but are not limited to):
- First Team Selection, Tactics, formation and strategy
- Delegating duties to the assistant manager and backroom staff
- Identification of new talent both through the existing youth academy and the development of scouting network
- Providing oversight and development of underage coaches and structures
- Attending weekly press briefings and availability for ad-hoc media interviews as well as pre-match/post-match interview duties
- Working to Budgets
- Attending club functions and other promotional events