A product recall has been issued for the Poundland Halloween light-up Ghost and Pumpkin decorations
and live on Freeview channel 276
The battery compartment of these products is not secured by a screw, allowing easy access to the compartment and batteries.
A risk is that the button batteries used in the light-up decoration could be placed in the mouth and swallowed, presenting a choking hazard for young children and causing damage to the gastrointestinal tract. Because of this, the product does not meet the requirements of the General Product Safety Regulations 2005.
"Please check if you have bought any of these decorations this year and return to your local Poundland for a full refund.
"If you are ever worried that your child has swallowed a button battery, please treat it as a medical emergency and seek medical assistance immediately."
A spokesperson for Poundland said, "We are asking any consumers who purchased the light up ghost or pumpkin to return the product in store for a full refund, no receipt is required. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. However, the safety and confidence of our consumers and the quality of our products is at the heart of everything we do."
The product has been recalled from end users by Poundland. Customers should return the product to Poundland for a full refund.
For further information, please see https://www.poundland.co.uk/great-ideas/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/SKU-536659-Customer-Recall-Poster.pdf